3 Weeks Post Partum! :)

Fiona is 3 weeks old as of yesterday! I can't believe I'm already half way through my maternity leave. I am still feeling terrific, still working on the weight loss and missing my pre-pregnacy clothes which I can't fit into yet! :)

Kent just completed his first full week back at school, and seems to be enjoying it so far!

I went to a fantastic surrogate/IP get together in Chicago the first weekend of August and had SUCH a blast! What a treat to meet so many wonderful people whom I've gotten to know online! We spent a lot of time hanging out together, eating meals together, and spent one evening at the Navy Pier. We rode the ferris wheel and had dinner at Bubba Gumps! That was really fun. I'm glad we got to take in some of the "local sights" as well as hang out, since I've never been to Chicago before. I'm already looking forward to next years get together in Vegas! :)

I'm still pumping, its not going all that well - I have a pretty low supply, so I'm not stressing about it. I'm cutting back the amount of times I pump and just pump every 4 hours or so now instead of every 2 or so. Not timing it or keeping track helps me not worry about it so much. My IPs decided to put Fiona back on formula as they had her on breast milk for a couple days and it seemed to upset her tummy. So everything I'm pumping now will be going to a wonderful IM here in Georgia who has quads through surrogacy, born a couple months ago! I can't wait to meet her and her babies in person! :)

I guess that's all for now - just wanted to check back in and say all is still well for me!! I am really happy and feeling great! Oh, one new development is that we are going to take on a foster dog through Basset Hound Rescue of Georgia (http://www.bhrg.org/index.html); we get to meet our foster tomorrow! Kent and I are very excited!

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday party, so I should go get ready for that!!

Comments

Popular Posts