Another wonderful day!

Yesterday, "I" took Fiona and me to Ocean City. We had lunch at a little pizza place just off the shore - and my Greek Style fire roasted pizza was really yummy!! Fiona fell asleep in the car and stayed asleep during lunch.


Then I got to push her carriage (and I do mean carriage, not your average stroller, its really neat!) down to the boardwalk and we walked down a ways, and came back. I took a bunch of pictures of the beach, and of the shops along the boardwalk, and the birds soaring above it all watching for goodies. Fiona loved the birds! She also loved the carousel! We got some water and stopped for a moment inside "Wonderland" - a covered games area, we sat next to the carousel and she just seemed mesmorized by the horses going around and around. Plus she really seems to love music. It was so fun to watch the expressions on her face!

"I" and I got a lot of sun - it turned out to be a HOT day, and I wore black jeans... BAD IDEA!! :) We stopped and did a little shopping nearby after the boardwalk, and "I" got Fiona the CUTEST fur trimmed bonnet at this little children's boutique - SO CUTE! She looks like a little snow princess, she has the prettiest little face!

We swung over to Atlantic City after that, for about another 1.5 hours and did a little indoor shopping at the Tropicana; "I" got me a gorgeous argyle sweater - its so pretty! I will really enjoy wearing that this fall/winter (hopefully I will have a tummy full of their baby and outgrow it soon though!!) :D

"I" is an excellent cook, and fixed another fantastic dinner that night - salmon and brown rice and fresh cooked grean beans, it was so delicious. I am getting really spoiled with all the good food I'm getting here!

Today, Saturday, we headed out of the house around noon and went to Olive Garden for lunch. It was SO good - I love that restaurant. I ate WAY too much, I actually finished about 1.5 bowls of salad, a breadstick, and my entire plate of portabello ravioli, AND half a bowl of chocolate gelato for dessert! I thought I might pop after all that! During lunch, Fiona was being such a good girl, and she performed for everyone with some of her beautiful singing, and one of the restaurant patrons stopped by to thank her for the song!! It was too cute!

We stopped by Babies R Us on the way back to the house and "I" and I went in to look at the baby clothes, SUCH cute stuff! All the summer stuff is going on sale, and they had the fall/winter items out already. I loved the little plaid dresses!!

When we came home, Fiona took a really good long nap with her daddy and I got a bit of a nap as well. When I got up, "I" and I went through all of Fiona's clothes in her closet and I sorted them all by size and put them in separate labeled bags... I can't go anywhere without leaving something organized!! :D

I got to give Fiona her a bath again tonight, and I think we must have spent 15 solid minutes alone with me sitting next, and she she "told me" all about the washrag and the bottle she was playing with and didn't fuss even once... so apparently I am less scary than last time, YAY!! She seemed fascinated by picking the wet washrag up and watching the water dripping down!

I'm also really getting in some great quality time with T & I, individually which is really special. My IM and I talked for hours last night after "T" and Fiona went to bed, and she showed me picture albums. We reminisced about everything that had led to them matching with me, and the dreams we'd had about Fiona and Fiona's arrival... it was really special!

I really hope my records are on their way to Georgia by now, and that my body "wakes up" very soon - I'm so ready for our October cycle and getting prego for them again!

When "I" and I were going through Fiona's clothes, we were both saying that they definitely need to have another girl; with all the clothes in Fiona's closet that she never wore (seriously a bunch of them still have tags on them and they're too small for her already), someone needs the chance to wear them!! :D

Maybe a boy and a girl... (Ok, so I am not really wishing to carry twins, in fact the idea scares me a little now... but if I did I do hope it would be a boy and a girl for them!)

And as for pictures, of course I've taken a BUNCH and T&I got a few good ones of me and Fiona too which I hope they'll e-mail to me - I'm sure they will. I can't believe tomorrow is really about our last day! I am really blessed to get to spend all this time with them, to be included in such a special way. I really hope they know how much it means to me that they opened up their home to me like this, and let me have such an intimate sneak peek into their lives...

Comments

Popular Posts