I’m sleepy…

Yep, today I’m sleepy… nothing new or exciting going on… I was just thinking about this journal and wondering if I should start one that’s not surrogacy related, but honestly I don’t think it would do any good. It seems every day there is something about surrogacy on my mind! It has very much just become a part of my life, a part of me! I have often wondered “what did I do before I found surrogacy?” I don’t think anything else in my life has really changed in terms of how I spend my time, but somehow that one little word “surrogacy” has weaved its way into every aspect of my life! My best friends are a part of the surrogacy community as well, so even when we’re not talking about surrogacy, it still is an important part of how we all came together.

I have really met some of the most amazing women through this community. I really don’t know how I got so lucky… I am so blessed to know them and call them friends. They are ALWAYS there for me when I need a shoulder, there to help me up when I am down, and to celebrate when there is something exciting going on. Their encouragement and friendship has gotten me through when I didn’t know where to turn. I keep thinking of the movie “Band of Brothers”, but we are “Surrogacy Sisters” and we’ve formed a very special bond through sharing our own unique experiences with surrogacy. Each of us has had our highs and lows, but we’re there for each other, no matter what’s going on. That is something incredibly special to find in this life, and I treasure it.

I am thankful it’s Friday and am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow! I love the weekends, though they always fly by way too quickly. Kenneth has a training class all day Saturday, so I’m going to work from home and get a few things accomplished and Kent and I will get some one on one which I love! Maybe it will be nice and we can go to the park or get out of the house for a little while – I’m sure he’d enjoy that! He needs a haircut too. And two of the dogs need nail trimming, maybe we can squeeze that in too. I wish I wasn’t such a wimp about trimming their nails, but it really freaks me out!!

Oh! Maybe I can take Kent over to the animal shelter with the big box of dog biscuits we bought… I haven’t been in awhile, some shelter dog therapy might be nice.

Comments

Popular Posts