Friday, June 20, 2008

Lupron next week!

Just hanging out, watching the days tick by. I start lupron in exactly 5 more days, and then 4 days after that I take my last BCP – my baseline is on Thursday, July 3rd with Estrace starting on Saturday the 5th. I am SO ready! Our tentative transfer date is the 22nd. I am feeling positive that we’re going to get to transfer this time – now it’s a matter of whether or not everything is ready on the 18th at my final check or if I’ll have to coast another 3-4 days on meds to thicken up enough. I am hoping SO hard that it works out for the 22nd – so I can fly up for Fiona’s birthday. That would be really special, though just being there at ALL is of course going to be really special! I guess that’s it for now!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

July, July, July…

More waiting!! With a repeat lab and ultrasound check on Monday the 9th confirming that my lining has thinned, but my estrogen was still too high at 80, Cooper decided to put me on BCPs for a full pill pack and we’ll go from there. We’re looking at transfer occurring the 4th week of July at this point (right around Fiona’s first birthday)! I’m ready to get going, so this extra delay is frustrating and I wish I would have gone on pills right after that first baseline blood draw that showed my levels being too high. Sigh… Oh well, I’ll get over it, and I’ll be ready for next month’s cycle! :)

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Hailey Kent - Please Read

This story has touched my heart, and I wanted to share it with everyone who may not have already heard...

http://thehaileykentbenefitfund.blogspot.com/

Hailey's Story

Rick and Maria Kent are the proud parents through Gestational Surrogacy of Ryan and Hailey, that turned 2 years old today. When Hailey was 15 weeks old she was diagnosed with a rare, aggressive form of Leukemia. She went through chemo, but relapsed while still on it and had an unrelated, mis-matched umbilical cord blood transplant in May 2007. She is home now on home isolation but is having issues with graft versus host disease (where your body and the donor cells try to reject each other). Lately it has been getting worse and is starting to affect her kidneys.The best chance for Hailey to be cured is for her parents to do another Surrogacy, and have a baby who will be a 100% match for Hailey. There is a new technology available where doctors can identify the matching embryos before they are implanted. One out of every four embryos will be a match. Hailey's doctors at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles said it's too early to talk about a second transplant, but chances of a relapse are high. If that happens, stem cells could be taken from the baby's preserved umbilical cord blood, and Hailey could get a transplant and a second chance. Rick and Maria are looking forward to welcoming another much loved child into their family as well as being able to save Hailey's life. Unfortunately, Maria and Rick are financially tapped out from the first Journey and from paying the medical bills for Hailey. There is no way they can afford to pay for another Surrogacy Journey. We estimate that $15,000.00 is the amount we should have to complete this journey to save Hailey. At this moment there is $1422.00 in the Hailey Kent Benefit Fund. We are still in need of donations. It doesn't matter if it's big or small, every little bit helps! We have to get moving on this. If Hailey has a relapse she won't have time to wait for a sibling to be born.

Info on how to donate to the Hailey Kent Benefit Fund:

To donate by check:

Wells Fargo Bank
2740 Cochran St.
Simi Valley, CA 93065

The check can be made to either Maria Kent or Hailey Kent, and in the memo line please write: Hailey Kent Benefit Fund.

By Paypal:
http://www.paypal.com/. The email address is: benefitfundforhailey@yahoo.com.

Thank you!

News Articles & Coverage

News coverage:
http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=4890238&version=1&locale=EN-US

Newspaper article:
http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jun/01/giving-birth-to-save-a-life/  

Other Ways to Help

~Organize an event to raise money. (i.e.: bake sale, garage sale, car wash, walk-a-thon, etc.)

~Help in contacting anyone that has connections with pharmaceutical reps or companies, so we can get donated meds. We are going to need Follistim (or Gonal-F), Menopur (or Repronex or Bravelle), E2, progesterone, and Lupron for the surrogacy journey.

~Help in contacting anyone with media connections. The media is interested, but want to follow the journey as it progresses. That won't help get the word out that we need help raising funds NOW so we can get the journey started.

Every little bit helps!

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Oh the confusion!

I had a lining and blood work check yesterday. My lining is a 5.1mm thickness, and showing a pattern – so it’s estrogenized. However, my ovaries are totally quiet (both Dr. Kaplan and her assistant did scans on me to check). They’re not sure where the estrogen is coming from! Terri at Cooper is perplexed as well, but said I’m not the only one they’ve seen this in recently. I don’t know if that’s comforting to me or not!! In any event, they want another lab check next Monday unless I get a period before then (which I doubt I will). So, we’re probably going to be just waiting for a period for a couple weeks, then hopefully my hormones will have regulated and we can start cycling again. Looks like we’re aiming for July! Brings back oh so fond memories… Fiona will be one in July, and this July will be 2 years since our very first cycle… Amazing!!