Your pregnancy: 19 weeks

Yes, we're OFFICIALLY 19 weeks today!! I cannot believe it!! Time truly is flying by.

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
I stopped and did my grocery shopping for my "meal plan" last night and happily stocked my refrigerator with all the goodies I brought home! I fixed Martha Chicken and macaroni and cheese for dinner last night - one of Kenneth's favorites. After dinner I finished assembling everything for my breakfast and lunch today and put in the fridge. I put everything in one of my reuseable grocery bags this morning and loaded it in my fridge here at work! So far so good! :) I've enjoyed my yogurt and granola, my 1/2 grapefruit and just finished my mini bagel (which I added a 1-point tub of weight watchers cream cheese too). That lasted from about 8 this morning 'til 10:00 so hopefully I will be full until it's time for my yummy pita sandwich at lunch!

I swear I think about food ALL the time, constantly planning out the next thing in the day, or the next day, or the next week so at least now I have a structure to daydream about food within. :) Fingers crossed it helps me out!

Tonight its spaghetti, which Kenneth isn't a huge fan of but I love, so I'm excited about it! :) I'll fix rolls for the boys too.

Tomorrow's plan:

Breakfast

1 instant oatmeal packet
1 cup 2% milk
2 miniature blueberry muffins
½ cup orange juice

Lunch
1 cup tomato soup
Grilled cheese sandwich
1 cup 1% milk
5 wheat crackers

Dinner
Beef Stroganoff
.75 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup 2% milk

Snacks
1 cup strawberries
1 low-fat chocolate cupcake


I couldn't find "low-fat" chocolate cupcakes at the grocery store, so I decided to splurge and get a package of my all time favorite Hostess Chocolate CupCakes instead - they are only about 50 more calories than the one in the meal plan called for... I'm going to have to be careful though, I remember last pregnancy I think I ate a whole box in one sitting. They are dangerous!! Which is the whole reason in planning out my eating, so I don't do that this time!! :)

It looks like its going to be another beautiful and HOT day today!! Maybe I can get out and enjoy some of that sunshine this weekend, I hope, I hope!

Comments

Popular Posts