4 days Post Partum

Today would be 39 weeks and here I sit at my kitchen table, looking out at a beautiful, crisp fall day and trying to decide whether to go put my audio book on, or maybe a show while I lounge for a little while. I am really enjoying the break!

I am feeling good physically, I have constant little reminders that I do need to try to take it easy and allow some healing to take place without pushing myself too much - little aches or pains and the bleeding seems to pick up at times but its been pretty light overall.

I have been able to get so much done the last couple days, it just blows my mind what you can do when you really have the TIME to do it! I was telling Kenneth last night it was amazing to make a list and actually be able to check 95% of it off before the day was over! That never happens!!

I've squeezed in some "me" time too - getting my toenails painted on Tuesday and I went and got my hair trimmed and my eyebrows waxed yesterday. It was nice to do something just to relax a little! Although, I am not loving the haircut I got - too short and a little too choppy for my taste - but thank goodness its just hair and it will grow out!

I watched "The Backup Plan" yesterday and a few episodes of Cake Boss through Netflix to make sure I had at least some down time where I rested on the couch and put my feet up. Even though I am feeling good most of the time and could keep going (especially as I look around and realize just how much there is to be done that I've ignored for so long!!) I am trying to make sure at least a couple hours out of the day are really just down time. I am sure after this first week where it seems like there is so much to do and I'm so excited to have the time to do it, I will settle down a little - maybe! :) The coming weeks are busy and full of get togethers and travel and appointments, so I just know its going to really fly by!

I have a chiro/massage appointment in Atlanta in the morning tomorrow and need to take the recycling with me to get that dropped off, and then Saturday afternoon I will drop Kent off at his grandmother's and head to Atlanta again for the Marine Corps Ball which is Saturday evening! I cannot wait!! I can wear one of my dresses I already have, which is nice, though part of me wants to just use the excuse to go and find a new one anyway... retail therapy is fun! :D

I am down about 15 pounds from delivery and have about 15 more to go to hit my pre-pregnacy weight, though I'd like to loose another 10 after that. I am not having any issues so far with it, since I'm able to be up and active and honestly have had very little appetite and a lot of the junk food I've had such a taste for during the pregnancy no longer looks appealing and I've had to make a point to eat at the appropriate times. But not being hungry and not having cravings is allowing me to be a lot more choosey about what I put in my mouth so I'm doing really well staying in my calorie goal range. I've also been drinking LOTS of liquid which is great - I make sure to drink about 24 ounces of water every time I pump. I haven't pumped quite as much as I'd originally planned, but my supply is once again pretty small so far and last time I went overboard trying to up my production and put TONS of effort into it with little results. This time, I'm just going to take it easy, pump when I can and not stress about it. It's beneficial to me and whatever I am able to produce will hopefully be beneficial to someone else as well! I do hope I can get enough to make a shipment worthwhile. That's my "goal" I guess!

I don't have anything big on my to-do list today since I got so much done the last couple days, so I'm hoping to maybe get out and take a walk and enjoy this gorgeous weather!!

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling great, good to hear! I was interested in who you are sending your milk to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're taking some "me" time. As moms we don't do that enough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts