Chocolate Chip Cookie Souffle

Yes, seriously... Chocolate Chip Cookie... SOUFFLE!! This was the must fun, different and delicious dessert I've made in awhile. Yes, most desserts taste fantastic, but this one was very unique and FUN (not to mention super quick and easy!) Both of my boys were sold completely and I am keeping this one in the favorite file. They were adorable, I got to use my ramekins and they were absolutely decadent. I used a combo of white and chocolate chips, you could use whatever chips you preferred in this, peanut butter, dark, milk, mix it up!

Hubby and I had an "argument" over the best cookies the other night when I originally had a cookie craving and all I could find were sugar cookie mixes in the pantry (our version of arguing about cookies is seeing who can yell their favorite cookie the loudest and the most times until someone gets annoyed and gives in). I love oatmeal chocolate chip mixes the best for a quick cookie fix, hubby vehemently argued for his beloved sugar cookie! Well he won that round since I didn't have much of a choice (yes, I could have pulled out ingredients and made cookies from scratch but I didn't feel like it at that particular moment). However, I think chocolate chip cookies won last night!

Just like souffles these come out of the oven all puffed up and beautiful and then when you let them sit too long (since there was absolutely no way the three of us were going to eat all 4 of these things last night!) they deflate since their ooey gooey innards are still soft and not completely set (but that's what makes the eating them all the more decadent and delicious)!

I was catching up on blog posts I'd missed last night and came across this one on How Sweet It Is and was sold. I kept saying I was going to make "cookie pies" all afternoon. Hubby shook his head at me and probably called me some variation of silly or crazy. I didn't listen though, well not to him, I did listen to myself though! And I made the batter up which looked just like regular cookie dough but then pushed it down into 4 little ramekins and a whole new dessert was born! Kent and I shared part of one with no ice cream and then I had a few bites of hubby's with vanilla ice cream. Both were a-ma-zing! The one with ice cream had creamy melty vanilla in with the gooey chocolate chip goodness, and the one without was just straight, rich, chocolaty goodness. I don't think you can go wrong either way you serve these!

Started with all the ingredients - whole wheat flour, semi sweet and white chocolate chips, vanilla, egg, brown sugar, butter, salt and baking soda.

Added the whole wheat flour to the bowl.


Followed by the salt and baking soda.
Into the Kitchen Aid went the butter, softened and sliced.

Next came the brown sugar.

Those were creamed until smooth.

Next came the egg.

Then the vanilla!

That was creamed together, all pretty and smooth!


Then the dry ingredients were combined into the wet!

Mmm... yummy cookie dough!

I mixed in some white and semi-sweet chocolate chips in by hand.

I sprayed some ramekins with cooking spray.

Then pressed the dough down into 4 ramekins (and maybe ate some... so sue me).

All puffed up and pretty after 18 minutes in the oven!

Preparing to cut into the pretty cookie bowl for that first delicious bite!

Look at all that chocolaty yumminess... mmm...

My boy enjoying a yummy ooey gooey bite of cookie happiness!


Recipe from How Sweet It Is

makes 4 ramekins (3 1/2 x 2)

Ingredients
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside in a bowl.

Cream butter and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer until it’s light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.

Spray 4 oven-safe ramekins with non-stick spray and divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Press the dough into the ramekin – each one should have about 1/3-1/2 cup dough.

Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the middle is still slightly gooey. Set aside and let cool for 5 minutes until they can be handled then serve with vanilla ice cream.

Comments

  1. Ooooo! These remind me of Pizookies from BJs! Warm and gooooey goodness! Great recipe! I will be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beyond delicious! I will definitely have to try it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beka,

    I have to tell you I have been making these all the time- I am seriously going to gain 10 lbs just from eating these! They are amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww yay that you guys are enjoying them!! :D I think I gained a lb just looking through the pictures again... mmm...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts