Banana Crumb Muffins

These muffins are fantastic. I've made them a couple times now and they always disappear VERY quickly at my house! I think they taste best the day after you bake them, but I feel that way about most baked products with banana in them; gives the flavor time to really develop (I baked this batch up at night after dinner for the boys to enjoy for breakfast the next day). They are tender, moist, a little fluffy and the crumb topping puts these over the top. My boys gobble these up in no time flat!

Started with the ingredients: AP flour, cinnamon, very ripe bananas, brown sugar, Stevia, egg, baking soda, salt, baking powder and butter.
The Stevia went with the bananas into the Kitchen Aid.
Followed by the egg (I didn't pre-beat mine).
The butter was added and those ingredients were put on medium speed and allowed to blend while I worked on the dry ingredients.
I added baking soda and powder to the flour.
Followed by the salt!
 Slowly incorporated the dry ingredients into the wet, just until mixed.
 Finished blending the last of the dry into the wet by hand.
 Distributed the batter into 12 muffin cups (love my silicone bakeware!)
 Then worked on the crumb topping by adding the flour and brown sugar into a bowl.
 Followed by the cinnamon.
 And lastly cut in the butter.
 Blended that together until it was good and crumbly!
 Then I evenly distributed the topping over the batter.
 Ready to hit the pre-heated oven!
 20 minutes later, golden brown, brown sugar kissed and ready to enjoy!

 It was getting dark so I ran a little plate out to the deck to try to take advantage of the dying natural light!
Beautiful and tasty muffins, ready to enjoy!

Banana Crumb Muffins By: Lisa Kreft from AllRecipes.com

Yield: 1 dozen muffins

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar (or granulated sugar substitute)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted

Topping:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.

In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.

Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

Comments

  1. Yum, a crumble topping makes everything better. I have a sweet treat linky on my blog every weekend (it'll be up tonight) and I'd love it if you'd stop by and link up your muffins. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa - I'd love to link them up! Just visited your blog and not surprisingly want a cookie now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these look so yummy! Can't remember the last time I've had any kind of banana bread or anything. I don't like bananas and the hubby and kids don't usually eat them before they go bad so I don't normally buy them. i do like banana bread though so I'm gonna have to try this. It looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm! I made some of these last night - mine just have more crunch on top. They're great, aren't they :) They add that little bit extra to a banana muffin. I found you on Lisa's Sweet as Sugar blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts