Chicken Parmesan

I had my eye on Pioneer Woman's Chicken Parmigiana recipe and decided to try to throw that together one evening when Kenneth was feeling picky but Chicken Parm sounded good. I realized I didn't have the crushed tomatoes called for in the original recipe, so I decided instead to be a little lazier and used a can of spaghetti sauce instead for the sauce!!

Started with 3 chicken breasts, an onion, minced garlic, spaghetti sauce, salt, pepper, whole wheat thin spaghetti, flour, and shredded Parmesan.

 Started with the diced onion.
 Then pounded the chicken breasts to get a uniform thickness.
 Dredged in the flour mixture.

 Set the floured chicken breasts on a plate while I prepared the skillet.
 Added olive oil to a large nonstick skillet.
 Added the chicken breasts (are you digging the hot pink nails?!)
 Followed by the onion and minced garlic!
 I originally left out the butter, but realized I needed some to get that good brown on the chicken!
 Letting the butter sizzle and do it's thing!

 Flipped the chicken once it was browned.

 The pasta went into the boiling water.
 Looking ready for sauce!

 In went the spaghetti sauce.
 Followed by the Parmesan cheese.

 I put a lid on that and let it simmer for about 10 minutes to make sure the cheese melted and the chicken was cooked through.
 Drained the pasta and got that ready.

 Put a serving on a plate and gave a liberal dousing of Parmesan!
 The chicken was looking beautiful!

All plated up, looking ooey, gooey and delicious! This was a great meal and this was a quick and easy way to make it on a weeknight!

Slightly modified from Pioneer Woman's Chicken Parmagiana

Ingredients
4 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Trimmed And Pounded Flat
½ cups all-purpose Flour
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 TBS Olive Oil
2 TBS Butter
1 small onion, diced
1 heaping TBS minced garlic
1 26-oz can spaghetti sauce
1 TBS dried Parsley
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 pound Thin Linguine or Thin Spaghetti

Preparation Instructions

Mix flour, salt, and pepper together on a large plate.

Dredge flattened chicken breasts in flour mixture. Set aside.

At this time, you can start a pot of water for your pasta. Cook linguine until al dente.

Heat olive oil and butter together in a large skillet over medium heat. When butter is melted and oil/butter mixture is hot, fry chicken breasts until nice and golden brown on each side and mostly cooked through, about 10-15 minutes total. Cook the onion and garlic along with the chicken.

Pour in spaghetti sauce, add parsley stir gently. Completely cover chicken breasts in grated Parmesan. Place lid on skillet and reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer about 10 minutes until cheese is melted and chicken is completely cooked through. Add more cheese to taste.

Place cooked noodles on a plate and cover with sauce. Place chicken breast on top and sprinkle with more parsley. Serve immediately.

Comments

  1. For as much as I like chicken parmesan, I've never made it the old-fashioned way. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm curious - this is the very first time I've ever made it at all, how do you normally make it? I'll have to search your blog and see if I can find your recipe! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts