Pioneer Woman's Buttermilk Biscuits!

If you want the recipe for this one you're going to have to do as I did and go to your library and check out The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl, then realize after you have had to renew twice and you still don't feel like you've had enough time with this wonderful book you too will give up, visit Barnes and Noble.com and just order it (and because you are completely enthralled with Ree Drummond you will also add her new book The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels - A Love Story to your order)! 


A snapshot of the recipe in the cookbook - an example of how the recipes are laid out with great introductions and wonderful photographs throughout!
 All the basic buttermilk biscuit ingredients - buttermilk, flour, butter, salt, baking powder, baking soda and shortening
 Started with the flour in a mixing bowl.
 Followed by salt.
 Baking soda and baking powder. 

 Mixed up the dry ingredients.
Next came the sliced butter and shortening.
 Mixed in with the pastry cutter. 
 The dough should resemble coarse crumbs. 
 Next comes the beautiful buttermilk!
 Stir with a fork until everything is moistened, for me this was still fairly crumbly, but I left it that way.
 Dumped it out onto a floured surface.
 And rolled it out with the rolling pin! Everything started coming together once it was on the counter. I had to knead it a couple times to get it to hold together, but once I did that it was fine and rolled out beautifully.
 I use a large juice glass dipped in flour for my biscuit cutter!
 I only made 1 dozen biscuits from this recipe, and it originally says it will make 18-24... guess we just like bigger, fluffier biscuits! :D
 All baked up and toasty from the oven!

 Golden brown and perfect!
 I smothered Kenneth's in sausage gravy.
And mine got the Smucker's Blackberry jam treatment. However you choose to eat these biscuits I am quite certain you won't be disappointed. They are a wonderful buttermilk biscuit!


Comments

  1. I was contemplating what to make for breakfast this morning and buttermilk biscuits popped in my head...then I pushed it out because I thought it was too hard for this morning...but then I saw your post. I'm contemplating again...grrr! Thanks a lot! hahaha these look sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you go with some biscuits?! You can't go wrong with buttermilk biscuits! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts