Perfect Summer Sandwich

I love sandwiches! I would happily eat them every day of the week for lunch or dinner, or maybe even both. I love the variety, and how easy they are and how adjustable they are to each individual's taste preferences! I made these the other night because I'd seen this on allrecipes.com and thought it looked great. I'd bought an avocado at the store and didn't have set plans for it and this seemed perfect! It was delicious! I adjusted a few things to use ingredients I had on hand or prefer and think this was a wonderful, tasty ending to a day.

Started with light mayo, avocado, tomato, sliced turkey, cheese. lettuce, 2 bagel thins and some bacon.
Toasted up the bagel thins first while I put the bacon in the microwave to cook.
Prepped the veggies.

Used a couple slices of white cheddar cheese.
Spread a thin layer of light mayo on both sides of the bagels.
Then began the layering! Started with the cheese.

Next came a couple slices of turkey lunchmeat and 2 slices of bacon.
Then the veggies, starting with half an avocado.
A couple thick slices of tomato.
And lastly some romaine leaves and topped with the other half of the bagel! Yumm!! Very tasty and refreshing. Using a half an avocado was a lot though - I did use "small" bread so I know that somewhat factored in, but still I would use about 1/4 an avocado per sandwich next time instead of half - less mess and with how rich and creamy avocado is you really don't need a lot for it to really add that something "extra" to a sandwich!

Slighly adjusted from Turkey Bacon Avocado Sandwich By: Sam84jo on AllRecipes.com

Serves: 2
Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise (optional)
  • 4 slices bread (or 2 bagels), toasted
  • 2 slices white cheddar or provolone cheese (or your favorite white cheese)
  • 2 slices deli turkey breast (use more if using thin sliced)
  • 4 slices center cut bacon, cooked according to package directions
  • 1/2 to 1 whole avocado - peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
  • 2-4 thick slices ripe tomato
  • 2-4 leaves lettuce
Directions
Spread mayonnaise on both slices of toasted bread. Top a bread slice with cheese, turkey, bacon, avocado, tomato, and lettuce. Place the remaining bread slice on top, slice in half, and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts