Our Pregnancy: 24 Weeks!

We made it to 24 weeks!! Many more weeks to go, but this is a good milestone check off point to enjoy for today. :)

I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night, was up for about 2 1/2 hours in the middle of the night again. Finally got tired of just laying there wishing myself back to sleep and got up for about an hour to have a PB&J sandwich, some milk and watch two episodes of Private Practice then back to bed for a couple hours of sleep before the alarm went off. I am wiped out today! It's been fairly busy though, so the time is passing quickly. I'm just so ready to get in my car for the long drive home and my "date" with the couch this evening!

According to BabyCenter this week:
How Jenn and Chad's babies are growing:


Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
Counting down 'til we get to see the girls again on Thursday and anxious to hear they are still growing well and make sure my cervix is behaving. I get a decent amount of "kicking action" down low and feel pressure and heaviness sometimes and I worry at least a little and am always happy for reassurance that all is still well! I pray hard my body continues to behave and hold up just fine throughout the coming months until these two are FULLY baked and big and healthy and ready to meet the world!

Last night I got a copy of In the Womb: Multiples via Netflix and was fascinated to watch and imagine just what's happening as these two grow and develop together. I was AMAZED at the triplet mom who delivered her three at just 32 weeks and they all weighed over 6 1/2 pounds EACH! That is incredible!! I need a copy of what that mom fed her babies for those 32 weeks to get them so big and healthy! :)

Ten more days 'til Kenneth comes home for his last pre-deployment visit!! Cannot wait to see him! I know he's going to be SO tired that first day or so - they have them up before the crack of dawn and keep them working until 8-10 at night most days lately! Poor guy - I know they're cramming a LOT in this last week and a half!! I've already started thinking about care packages again and am trying to create my "mental list" of what I've done before. Kenneth is never ANY help and pretty much never has any suggestions. Usually he just wants pictures and Copenhagen... easy to please, I guess! :D

I'll get a new belly pic when I get home and get it posted - belly is growing, growing, growing!!

Comments

  1. Reaching the 24th week of pregnancy is a good sign for pregnant women. It indicates that progress is happening. But there are still more to come, as it takes several weeks more for the child to fully develop. Congratulations and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts