It came out VERY flavorful and we all really enjoyed it! I would cut the spice mix in half next time - there was a LOT of excess spices that I had to scrape off and toss after it was cooked. I would also cut the paprika down as it was a little spicy for my liking. I thought it was great with some BBQ added but my husband thought it tasted great by itself and didn't add any to his! This was overall a really good recipe that I would definitely make again with some modifications to the spice mixture!
Well seasoned roast in the crock pot.
Beef shredded and ready to eat!
Beef sandwiches served with fried okra!
Allison's recipe can be found here.
- 2-3 lb chuck roast
- 1/4 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place the roast in a crockpot and slather with yellow mustard (use enough to coat lightly all the way around, may be more or less than the recipe calls for).
- Evenly rub the dry ingredients into the mustard-coated roast and then add the water around edges. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until tender and easily shredded.
- Move the roast to a serving platter or bowl if desired; shred with two forks and mix in BBQ sauce.