Easy Macaroni and Cheese

Here's another very easy, cheesy dish that goes great with just about everything! My husband requests this dish a lot - we eat it with Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches, Meatloaf, Steaks, Pork Chops, etc. Perfect comfort food fix. Kenneth calls this his "rocky road" and eats it like dessert sometimes! :)

I personally prefer the creamy macaroni and cheese recipes, but this is the way Kenneth's mom always made it and she passed the recipe on to me when Kenneth and I were married and I've been making it this way ever since. Our 14-year old son has gotten really good at whipping this one up too!
 

Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients
4 cups dry macaroni noodles
3 (or more) cups shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1-2 TBS Butter
¼ cup milk
 
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Boil water and cook macaroni noodles until tender, about 12 minutes.
  3. Pour noodles into a 9x13 baking dish. Dot with butter; add salt and pepper to taste. Add 2 cups cheese and stir all together until evenly mixed. Top with remaining cheese and pour milk over the top. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil for the last 10 minutes of baking if a crustier top is desired.
Parties I've Linked To
Townsend House What I Am Eating

Comments

Popular Posts