Sirloin Steak with Garlic Butter

This was a nice quick steak recipe although I didn't think the flavor was quite strong enough for my preferences. I used frozen garlic cloves instead of fresh, and am sure that affected the "bite" from the garlic - so if you like strong garlic flavor, definitely stick with fresh. :)

I cooked ours in a cast iron skillet on the stove, probably about 5 minutes on each side, maybe a little longer for the thickest piece. I cooked them with the garlic and butter in the pan to try to help infuse the flavor a little. I'm leaving the original instructions below, as I'm sure that would work very nicely as well - just be sure to cook your garlic in the butter long enough that it no longer tastes raw.

Browning in the garlic butter on the stove.

All cooked up and ready to enjoy!

Great with some peas and a baked potato!
Sirloin Steak with Garlic Butter by Solana on AllRecipes.com
Serves: 4

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 pounds beef top sirloin steaks
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
  1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
  2. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat with garlic powder and minced garlic. Set aside.
  3. Sprinkle both sides of each steak with salt and pepper.
  4. Turn heat to medium, grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. When done, transfer to warmed plates. Brush tops liberally with garlic butter, and allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts