Manly Steak Topped with Bacon, Mushrooms, and Red Pepper

This was a steak recipe I wanted to serve to my hubby and son on Father's Day. Seemed like a great manly meal for the boys! We all ended up really enjoying this recipe! I used a different steak marinade then the seasoning called for in this recipe - I didn't have any "steak seasoning", so I used a marinade I had in my pantry (tomato, basil, and garlic mixed with some vinegar, oil, and water). I was using round steak, so I let mine sit in the marinade overnight before cooking to help make sure the meat would be as tender as possible. You can use some steak seasoning, or a complimentary marinade to the rest of this recipe. Ours came out really delicious, and I'm sure there are a variety of other seasonings / marinades that would work for seasoning the meat as well.

We served this with some Parmesan Mushroom Rice, Caesar salad, and some delicious cheesy garlic bread!


Manly Steak Topped with Bacon, Mushrooms, and Red Pepper adapted from KLEVEAR on AllRecipes.com

Ingredients
1 lb steaks
1/2 TBS steak seasoning                            
3 thick slices bacon                              
2 teaspoons butter (optional)
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
2 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (optional)
             
Directions

  1. Prepare grill over medium-high heat.
  2. Fry the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Leave grease in the pan.
  3. Stir the butter (only use if there's not enough grease to saute the vegetables in), Worcestershire sauce and mustard into the bacon grease. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for a minute or two. Add the red bell pepper and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender about 10-15 minutes. Taste test, and add a little salt and pepper if desired.
  4. While the vegetables are sauteing, put the steaks on the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, turning once, or to your desired degree of doneness. Chop the bacon into large pieces, and add into vegetable mixture, stir in before serving.
  5. To serve, place steaks onto plates. Top with vegetable and bacon mixture and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese (if desired). Serve immediately.
Link Parties:
A Peek Into My Paradise
Weekend Potluck
BBQ Block Party
What's Cooking Love
What I Am Eating


Comments

  1. I can just taste the flavors! What a great recipe, thank you for sharing it on BBQ Block Party

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts