We served this with some Parmesan Mushroom Rice, Caesar salad, and some delicious cheesy garlic bread!
Manly Steak Topped with Bacon, Mushrooms, and Red Pepper adapted from KLEVEAR on AllRecipes.com
1 lb steaks
1/2 TBS steak seasoning
3 thick slices bacon
2 teaspoons butter (optional)
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
2 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Prepare grill over medium-high heat.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Leave grease in the pan.
- Stir the butter (only use if there's not enough grease to saute the vegetables in), Worcestershire sauce and mustard into the bacon grease. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for a minute or two. Add the red bell pepper and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender about 10-15 minutes. Taste test, and add a little salt and pepper if desired.
- While the vegetables are sauteing, put the steaks on the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, turning once, or to your desired degree of doneness. Chop the bacon into large pieces, and add into vegetable mixture, stir in before serving.
- To serve, place steaks onto plates. Top with vegetable and bacon mixture and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese (if desired). Serve immediately.
A Peek Into My Paradise
BBQ Block Party
What's Cooking Love
What I Am Eating