Oven Baked Pork Chops

This was a very easy and tasty pork chop recipe! I had 3 large chops in my refrigerator and hadn't quite decided on how to fix them, so as usual I turned to Pinterest for inspiration. I let Kent look through the recipes that popped up when we ran a search, and he selected this one. Not very many ingredients, things we had on hand, and dinner would be ready in no time. Sounded good to me! I had an older box of chicken flavored stuffing in the pantry that we used for this recipe, and it didn't have the best flavor, so take that into account when you're fixing yours. I suggest doctoring the chops with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder before dipping in the egg wash and then the coating, but if you know your stuffing mix is very well seasoned you can skip that step. I didn't crush up the stuffing mix either, and liked the texture of some of the larger pieces in the breading around th chops.

This is a very easy recipe to make, and the chops come out nice, tender, juicy, and with a great crust on them. We would definitely use this one again!

I wish I'd taken a photo when they first came out of the oven, but it was late and I thought I could take one later - and now we've eaten them all! :) Kenneth (my sometimes rather picky hubby when it comes to new recipes) said these were very good.

Oven Baked Pork Chops from Food.com
Servings: 4
 
Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons milk
salt, pepper, garlic powder (to taste)
1 cup pork stuffing mix (I used chicken)
4 pork chops
 
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Place butter or margarine in a 9x13 baking pan.
  3. Put pan in oven for 3 minutes or until butter is melted.
  4. Stir together egg and milk.
  5. Put stuffing mix in a resealable bag and crush (or leave as is).
  6. Season pork chops on both side with a sprinkling of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Dip pork chops in egg mixture.
  7. Coat with stuffing mix.
  8. Put chops on top of melted butter in pan.
  9. Bake 20 minutes.
  10. Flip the pork chops over and bake for 10-15 minutes more.
 

Comments

Popular Posts