Crock Pot Teriyaki Pork - Freezer Meal



I originally posted this recipe here as part of my "stock the freezer in preparation for baby coming soon"! We had the chance to pull this one out, cook it up, and enjoy it the other day and it was delicious!! We all REALLY enjoyed the way this pork came out. It was tender, and super flavorful. It was a fantastic way to prepare a pork roast. We shredded the meat and served it over both pasta and rice - the rice soaks up the sauce a little better. If I were to serve it over pasta again, I'd pull the sauce out and thicken it on the stove to make more of a gravy. Super tasty meal!! The meat would also make a really yummy sandwich I think (maybe with some grilled pineapple slices)!

Crock Pot Teriyaki Pork for the Freezer from Homemaking on the Homestead

Ingredients
2.5 - 3 lbs pork tenderloin (original recipe suggests dicing the tenderloin, I left mine whole)
1 onion, sliced (I used diced)
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup  brown sugar
1 tsp minced garlic
½ tsp ground ginger

Directions
  1. Put all ingredients into a large Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and knead mixture to thoroughly combine and coat meat. Press flat, and freeze. 
  2. On cooking day, dump contents into crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours, or until meat is cooked and tender. 
  3. Serve over brown rice if desired. 



Comments

Popular Posts