Barilla Thin Spaghetti with Garlic, Red Pepper and Olive Oil
This is a quick, easy, and tasty side dish brought to you by Barilla! There is even a quick tutorial video you can view here.
This is such a great base recipe too - you can toss in some stir fried or steamed veggies, add some diced chicken or sliced steak and you have a terrific single dish entree instead of a side dish! Or just enjoy this simple recipe as a meatless meal one night.
My 10 month old loved these noodles as well - and I will use some of the leftovers chopped and mixed into her veggie purees for a quick and tasty lunch for her. I thought this was a very good recipe - very simple, subtle flavors, and just a touch of heat from the pepper flakes. Serve with a little extra cheese on top if desired. I used dried parsley since I didn't have fresh, but as usual I'm sure fresh would be better! I really liked the taste and texture of the Barilla Plus pasta in this dish as well!
Barilla Thin Spaghetti with Garlic, Red Pepper and Olive Oil from Barilla on AllRecipes
1 (16 ounce) box Barilla PLUS® Thin Spaghetti
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook Plus(R) Thin Spaghetti according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, parsley and red pepper flakes; saute 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Immediately add hot pasta to skillet. Stir in reserved pasta cooking water. Mix well. Add cheese and toss lightly.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl.
|My sweet sleepy photo assistant.|
|Can't believe our little girl is 10 months old!|