#10DaysofTailgate - El Diablo Mango Mustard Glazed Grilled Scallops

 



This recipe uses two of the fantastic products I was sent from our #10DaysofTailgate sponsors - a FireWire flexible grilling skewer (which is absolutely genius) and some of the Mango flavored El Diablo mustard (seriously my favorite!) The FireWire is amazing. I love that you can load it up with your meat and / or veggies, place it in tupperware to marinate, then just pick it up by the end and lay it straight onto your prepped grill. SUPER easy to work with!

El Diablo's slogan is "The Mustard That Bites Back" - this stuff packs some heat along with the delicious flavors. I have used a few of their mustards now, in various recipes, and have not been disappointed. Great flavor profiles, and super easy to work with. These are really great condiments, and there is no end to the ways you can use them!

This recipe is so good. I have actually never eaten nor cooked a scallop before - and I am so glad I finally remedied that oversight. I love the texture and consistency of these, and the mustard glaze compliments the lightly flavored scallop beautifully. The grill added some smokiness as well and I thought it all worked together perfectly! You could serve these as an appetizer, or alongside some rice or pasta for a dinner. You can't go wrong with this dish.

Don't forget to link over to the Give Away post here! You will find FOURTEEN fantastic prizes from our amazing sponsors - make sure to enter!

El-Diablo Mango Mustard Glazed Grilled Scallops adapted from Epicurious

Ingredients
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon malt or cider vinegar
2 teaspoons El Diablo Mango mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
15 small / medium scallops

Directions
  1. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. 
  2. Place scallops on a FireWire grilling skewer, then place in a tupperware or a different bowl and pour half of the sauce over the top. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and allow to marinate.
  3. Spray grill with cooking spray, then preheat to medium.
  4. Place scallops on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes, rotate and cook another 3-5 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Do not overcook!
  5. Serve scallops with the remaining sauce drizzled over the top.

 

Here's what the rest of the crew brought to the table...


Starters
Diablo’d Cheesy Bacon-Onion Pinwheel Rolls by Things I Make (for Dinner)
Spiced Kofta with Carrot Karma Yogurt Dip by Culinary Adventures with Camilla

Dips
Baked Potato Beer Dip by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Hot Caramelized Onion Dip by Eliot’s Eats
Healthier Buffalo Cauliflower Dip by The Spiffy Cookie
Dunkin Duck, Cheesy Bacon and Ranch Dip by A Day in the Life on the Farm
 
Mains
Honey Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs by Debbi Does Dinner Healthy
Thai Chicken Skewers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup by From Gate to Plate

Sides
Grilled Parsley Potatoes by Curious Cuisiniere
Grilled Vegetables by Summer Scraps

Sweets
Pumpkin Bars by The Pajama Chef

Disclaimer: FireWire and El Diablo provided me free samples to use; all opinions stated are my own.

Comments

  1. I love scallops and love that you used the wire to cook them! I had not thought to use it that way, but will now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it worked perfectly! Love those grilling skewers - can't wait to put them to use again soon. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I did grilled scallops on my firewires too. Posting tomorrow. They are awesome, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Camilla! Can't wait to see your recipe! The FireWire worked so good for the scallops - loved working with those. :)

      Delete
  3. Scallops on the grill? Oh, yes please. The FireWire is such a practical solution to turning all of the scallops at once - brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just eyeing some scallops at the fish market but ended up with gulf shrimp instead. There's always next weekend, right? (I really thought that first picture on the grill was marshmallows! That might be a good use for the firewires, too. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm allergic to all of this but it looks fantastic and I know my husband would eat it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts