These are so YUMMY! They are quick and easy, and a great little treat to store in the fridge or freezer when you just want a little something sweet. The combination of peanut butter and chocolate goes perfectly together, and the flaxseed meal makes these healthy - right?! The original recipe called for AP flour, but I didn't feel comfortable using raw flour in this dough ball recipe so I swapped flaxseed meal and thought it worked really well! I might even give a little taste to my 1 year old and see what she thinks - though I'm pretty sure I already know she'll love it as much as everyone else in the house did!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls slightly adapted from Life on Food
Makes: 8-10 balls
3 tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1/4 cup quick oats
3 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, peanut butter and brown and white sugars. Cream on high speed until creamy - about 2 minutes.
- Add in the salt and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add in the flaxseed meal and quick oats on low speed, mix just until combined.
- With a spatula or large spoon, incorporate the mini chocolate chips by hand.
- You can put the dough into the refrigerator and allow to chill slightly to make the balls a little easier to create, or go ahead and shape the cookie dough balls and then refrigerate or freeze.