For the September edition of Secret Recipe Club, I received Emily's lovely blog Life on Food and had a GREAT time browsing through her posts and recipes! So many yummy things jumped out at me that I wanted to run straight home and get busy in my kitchen. Some of the recipes that were calling to me included: S'Mores Bars, Bailey's Irish Cream Milkshakes, this Crunch Burger, Sprinkle Sugar Cookies, Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls (yes please!), or Creamy Peanut Butter Pie... mmm.... so what does a hungry girl do? Prints all of them, takes them home and makes as many of them as possible, in as short of a time as possible of course!
I had such a good time just moseying through Emily's blog - SO many great pictures of where she lives (take a virtual tour of her new house here!), gorgeous yummy food from restaurants she's visited, and much more. It was fun to (virtually) get to know Emily!
For today's reveal, I decided to highlight Emily's Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, but there will definitely be more posts coming featuring more of her fantastic dishes in the near future! (And I already shared the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls and the S'Mores Bars!)
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Makes: 1 loaf
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large bananas
1 large egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powdered, sifted
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prep a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add in the bananas and continue blending. Once combined, add in the sour cream, egg, and vanilla
- Combine the baking soda, salt, flour and cocoa powder in a separate bowl, mix to combine.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet just until combined.
- Next, stir in the mini chocolate chips by hand, reserving about a TBS. Pour the batter into the prepped loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes in the preheated oven or until the middle is set and a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes, then you can remove from pan and allow to continue cooling directly on the rack, or serve warm if desired.
|This precious little girl turned ONE YEAR old on Sept. 17th! She's growing so fast!|