Bobby Flay's Crunch Burger



Do yourself a favor, and PLEASE make this burger. This is seriously one of my favorite things I've eaten in awhile. My mouth is watering again, just thinking about it. It's super simple - but the combination of the horseradish sauce with the salty crunchy chips works beautifully in this delicious burger! I was so sad when mine was gone!! I halved the amount of horseradish called for in the original recipe (my version is reflected below), so keep that in mind if you like things hot - add more to your personal taste.

I found this recipe via Emily's blog "Life on Food" and she made this one as part of the "Pass the Cook Book Club" which I think is such a cool idea. I have so many cookbooks (I'm sort of an addict), but I rarely ever actually pull them out and cook from them (thanks to the world wide web having everything I could possibly need right there at my little fingertips)! It seems like a great idea to me, to make a point to pull those beautiful books out at least once a month for inspiration. I am hoping to make a point to do that more often. I love me some Pinterest, and All Recipes - but there's something about flipping through the pages of an actual book every now and then too, and getting inspired by the author's words and pictures as well.

Bobby Flay's Crunch Burger from Emily at Life on Food

Ingredients

For the Burgers
1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
salt and pepper to taste
4 slices American cheese
4 hamburger buns (we used these homemade ones)
4 thick slices tomato
4 romaine leaves
sliced red onion (optional - we didn't use)
4 handfuls of potato chips
Horseradish Mustard Sauce

For the Horseradish Mustard Sauce
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 TBS Dijon mustard
1 TBS drained prepared horseradish
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

For the Horseradish Mustard Sauce
  1. Combine the yogurt, Dijon mustard and horseradish in a small bowl or Tupperware. Blend well, and add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate to allow the flavors to meld while you prepare the burgers.
For the Burger
  1. Divide the ground chuck into 4 equal portions and shape into 3/4" thick burger patties and make a depression in the center on one side with your thumb. Season both sides of the patties with salt and pepper.
  2. Prepare your grill with cooking spray, then preheat to medium-high heat. Cook burgers for about 5 minutes per side, or until they reach desired doneness. Turn the heat off and top with cheese (or move the patties to a plate and top with cheese, if you don't want melted cheese on your grill!)
  3. Place the burgers on the bottom half of a bun, and top with tomato, lettuce, onion (if using) and smear the horseradish mustard spread over the inside of the top bun. Pile the chips on top of the other burger toppings and add the top bun to hold them in place. Serve hot, and enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts