If you're not opposed to the occasional use of a cream soup in your meals (or if you make your own and sub them) then this is a wonderful creamy, cheesy, and delicious chicken dinner that was very well received by my family! The boys gobbled this one up in no time flat, and my son was practically licking his plate. The sauce was delicious! We served this alongside some white rice (with sauce drizzled over the top) and green beans on the side for a very tasty and filling meal. We will definitely use this one again!
Eventually I'm going to start making my own cream soups so I don't feel so guilty about all the extra sodium in the canned versions! I'm slowly working on more "DIY" and make-it-at-home versions of store bought products this year.
I was sent a MeasuPro Ultra-Fast Cooking Thermometer to test for the purpose of review and used it when cooking this chicken dish. This little cooking thermometer is awesome - I love that you can preset a temperature, and then it will beep when whatever you've inserted the probe into reaches that temp! So I was able to insert the probe into the chicken when I placed the dish in the oven to cook, and when the internal temp of the chicken reached 160 degrees, the thermometer beeped to let me know it was done! Love that feature. You can follow the Amazon link below to learn more about this terrific kitchen tool, and to order your own if you'd like!
- Features - The MeasuPro DCT250 Digital Cooking Thermometer offers advanced technology to give you precise temperature readings to a very high heat of 392°F.
- Functions - Select between Celsius and Fahrenheit modes. Features a countdown timer and a 6" oven-safe probe that is protected and has a 36" braided stainless steel cord.
- Setting - Using advanced technology, temperatures are programmable. Set it to your desired temp. The beeping sound will alert you once the food hits the pre-set temp.
- Includes - A list of foods is provided with the USDA recommended minimum temp. The magnetic back can be mounted. Great for commercial and professional use.
- Power - Uses one AAA battery. The measuring range is from 32°F to 392°F / 0°C to 200°C. The thermometer's flip-top makes it very compact.
Chelan Chicken by McRae Family on AllRecipes
1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp onion powder, or to taste
1 tsp garlic powder, or to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan. Whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, cheddar cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl, season the mixture lightly with a little bit of the black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder for additional flavor if desired. Dip the chicken breasts into the beaten egg, then press into bread crumb mixture. Place the breaded chicken onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Pan fry the chicken breasts until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Place the browned chicken in the prepared baking dish; then cover with the mushroom soup mixture.
- Bake the chicken breasts in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 50 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F.
*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from MeasuPro for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.