Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie III


I received a sample of the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Reese's Spread to test out via Influenster and oh.my.yum. The jar was more than half empty the same day we opened it! My boys devoured it - mostly just slathered on good homemade bread. They LOVED it!! It is so tasty, and such an easy and quick treat spread to keep on hand to serve on sandwiches, toast, with fruit, and in this delicious creamy pie!

This pie was so GOOD. I've never made one quite like this and it went over VERY well at my house. The boys were fighting over this one. My husband and I shared a double piece the first time we tried it, and when the pie was gone my husband kept asking where it went, and why I stole it!! :D I didn't add a whipped cream layer between the filling and the chipped nuts and chocolate chips this time, but next time I definitely would - I think it would complement the rich, peanut buttery, chocolaty filling very nicely. The Reese's Spread works really, really well in this pie, but if you don't have any, try peanut butter and some melted chocolate chips (the original recipe calls for 1 cup of melted chocolate chips).



Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie III adapted from Joanne Gaugler on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/3 cup (more to taste) of Reese's Spread Peanut Butter and Chocolate
1 (9 inch) pie shell (I used a pre-made Pillsbury crust)
2 TBS chopped peanuts
2 TBS chopped milk chocolate

Instructions

  1. Bake pie crust according to directions on package. Allow to cool.
  2. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in the whipped topping and Reese's Spread. Mix until well blended, creamy, and smooth.
  3. Spoon into baked pie shell, sprinkle with the chopped chocolate and nuts. Refrigerate for one hour before slicing and serving. 
Serving suggestion: You can add a layer of whipped cream on top of the peanut butter / chocolate filling before topping with the chopped nuts and chocolate if desired.



*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Influenster / Reeses for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.


Comments

Popular Posts