#BundtBakers ~ Marshmallow Drenched Rocky Road Bundt Cake



#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. http://www.pinterest.com/flpl/bundtbakers/


We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.

Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page. http://www.foodlustpeoplelove.com/p/bundtbakers.html


What can I say about this month's #BundtBaker's challenge that these photos don't say for themselves? This was a fantastic theme and I am so glad we had the chance to work with the Rocky Road ingredients!


I did end up using a recipe that called for cake mix and pudding mix, and while I try to stick more to scratch recipes most of the time, the majority of the Rocky Road cake recipes I found included cake mix so I went with it. That's what I keep a few cake mixes in the pantry for - right?!


The add-ins are what make this cake so dense, fudgy, moist, and absolutely delicious. The little marshmallows melt into the batter leaving it extra moist and gooey, and the chocolate chips melt in as well, leaving extra tender chocolaty bites when you find one. The nuts add a nice crunch and contrast.


My son LOVED this one - he wanted to eat the whole pot of marshmallow glaze before I even put it on the cake - but he at least got the little bit I left off (and then he tried to eat all the excess glaze that puddled around the edges of the cake).


This cake is super rich and would be perfect with a big glass of milk or a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream. I can't think of a better way to end the day!

Check out all the beautiful Rocky Road inspired Bundts this month:

Marshmallow Drenched Rocky Road Bundt Cake adapted from Picture Perfect Cooking and Noshing with the Nolands

Ingredients
1 chocolate cake mix of your choice
3.9 oz. box instant chocolate pudding mix
1 3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped almonds

Marshmallow Glaze
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 - 2 TBS heavy whipping cream
1 TBS butter

Directions
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a Bundt pan by spraying it with baking spray.  
  2. Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, and eggs.  With an electric mixer, beat on low until just combined and then beat on medium for 2 minutes.  Fold in the chocolate chips, marshmallow pieces and almond pieces.
  3. Bake for 1 hour then cool in the pan for 10 min before removing to finish cooling on a cake pan or cooling rack.
  4. Prepare marshmallow glaze by combining glaze ingredients in a small nonstick saucepan, stirring often until marshmallows melt along with the butter and then stir until smooth.  Coat cake while still at least a little warm to allow glaze to soak in.
  5. When cool, slice, serve and enjoy!


Comments

  1. Very nice! Rich and chocolatey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I love your cake dish. I think it was perfect for catching all the marshmallowy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri - this is definitely one of my favorites!! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh nice! marshmallow glaze would make this cake yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that shot of the marshmallow being drizzled all over the cake Rebekah. My mouth is watering here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cake looks and sounds absolutely incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks sooo delicious. The gooey chocolate chips and mashmallows inside...Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that glazed poured on like you did, looks so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so pleased you enjoyed this theme and your cake! The cake looks so lovely and dense, I can imagine all the flavours are very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so moist, so delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness...anything with "marshmallow drenched" in the name has to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marshmallow makes such a great glaze. Pretty cake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would be like your son trying to eat all the glaze before it gets to the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How absolutely wonderful! I have no doubt that anything drenched in marshmallow is delicious. xo, Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts