Welcome to day 3 of #Choctoberfest - a celebration of ALL THINGS CHOCOLATE!! Grab a cup of cocoa, sit back, and join in the sugary madness. Make sure to visit the kick-off post from Monday to enter the fantastic raffle, and see all our incredible sponsors this year. There are 69 bloggers bringing you sooo much chocolate deliciousness this week. Make sure to check out all the drool-worthy goodies from today, linked at the bottom of this post.
Today's recipe is rich, boozy, and a wonderful way to wind down at the end of the day for those old enough to enjoy it. Layers of rich, luscious, Chocolate Cherry Bailey's infused whipped cream and chocolate cream... my oh my. This stuff is strong. A little really goes a long way. I love the play of the cherry with the chocolate in the liquer and how it goes so well with the fluffy layers and Oreo crumbles. You can mix and match the layers to your preferred liking - more chocolate, more whipped cream, more cookies? You decide! I used my Vitamix to make quick work of turning the Oreos into an easy to sprinkle cookie dust.
Baileys Chocolate Cherry Cookies and Cream Parfaits adapted from Homemade Hooplah
15 Oreos, crushed into fine crumbles
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream chilled
1/3 cup Chocolate Cherry Baileys chilled
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Place chopped semi-sweet chocolate in a small bowl. Heat milk until steaming, then pour over chocolate. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, then stir. If any chunks of chocolate remain, heat in the microwave for 30-second intervals until all the chocolate has melted. Mixture will be very liquid, like chocolate milk. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, pour in chilled heavy cream, Baileys, and powdered sugar. Beat on high until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Divide cream mixture in half. The first half of the whipped cream is ready to use in the parfait.
- To the second half of the whipped cream, slowly add the chocolate mixture, gently folding them together until completely and evenly mixed.
- To assemble the parfaits: Spoon layers of the chocolate cream, whipped cream, and crushed cookies as desired.
- Parfaits can be served immediately. If you'd like the chocolate layer to be firmer, chill parfaits for 2-3 hours before serving.