#PumpkinWeek ~ Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze
#PumpkinWeek is here again and we couldn't be more excited. Hosted by Terri from Love and Confections, 21 Bloggers will be sharing 81 pumpkin-filled recipes over the course of the week. Be sure to come back every day to see all the delicious creations - from muffins to cakes, cocktails, breakfast baked goods, savory pastas and stews, and gluten-free recipes too. You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections' #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board!
I really enjoyed how this bread came out - it is nicely seasoned and a nice moisture and density to it. Perfect for afternoon tea time, dessert with coffee - or call it a breakfast bread if you like! The maple glaze very much reminded me of the yummy maple bar donuts we used to get as a treat every now and then as children. Ahhh... nostalgia. That glaze belongs on cinnamon rolls as well - pumpkin cinnamon rolls with maple glaze may be in my future.
I linked to the pumpkin pie spice blend I used in this recipe - I scaled the recipe to 4 and had to hand grate 2 tsp of nutmeg since I prefer freshly grated. That was probably the most time consuming part!
Adorable Turkey Crust Pumpkin Pie from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.
Amish Pumpkin Roll from Palatable Pastime.
Double Pumpkin Gnocchi from Caroline's Cooking.
Gigi's Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bread from Family Around The Table.
Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal in the slow cooker from Feeding Big.
Lisa's Pumpkin Soup from Cooking With Carlee.
Mini Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecakes from The Crumby Cupcake.
Pecan Pumpkin Cobbler from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks.
Pumpkin Bread from The Freshman Cook.
Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze from Making Miracles.
Pumpkin Brulee Tart from The Redhead Baker.
Pumpkin Cookies with Butter Rum Icing from Grumpy's Honeybunch.
Pumpkin Creme Brulee from Love and Confections.
Pumpkin Glazed Bacon from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen.
Pumpkin Laksa from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Pumpkin Milkshake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Muffins from Cindy's Recipes and Writings.
Pumpkin Pretzel Bites from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures.
Pumpkin Spice Affogato from The Bitter Side of Sweet.
Pumpkin Spice Granola from The Chef Next Door.
Spiced Pumpkin Cider from Gluten Free Crumbley
Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze from Crazy for Crust
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon maple extract
1-2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5” loaf pan with cooking spray and “sugar” it with granulated sugar (like you would “flour” a pan).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and pumpkin. Next blend in the eggs, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda until combined.
- Blend in the buttermilk and flour.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan. Bake for 37-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool before glazing.
- Make the glaze: Combine melted butter, powdered sugar and extracts in a bowl. Blend (it will be thick.) Add one tablespoon of the heavy whipping cream and blend briskly with a whisk until it smooths out. If you want the mixture thinner, add additional liquid until it reaches your preferred consistency (leaving it fairly thick is best so it can dry and stick to the top of the bread loaf). Allow glaze to set before serving.