#FishFridayFoodies ~ Seafood and Cheese Dip
For November's Fish Friday Foodie's reveal day, Wendy who blogs at A Day in the Life on the Farm invited us to prepare a Holiday appetizer or first course dish. There are SO many options with this as our category to choose from, so I ran a few searches and mulled over a few options until I saw this gooey, cheesy, seafood stuffed dip. Search over!
This recipe is an absolute winner. I loved everything about it. The only thing I would opt to change next time is using fresh minced instead of jarred minced garlic - I thought it could have used a more pungent and noticeable garlic taste for the otherwise rich and creamy cheesy dip.
My son absolutely loved this and ate his fair share! I really enjoyed it myself, and made a good dent in it too. :) This would go beautifully on your Holiday table as a shareable, enjoyable dip with some french bread rounds or an assortment of crackers and crunch breads to dip and spread. Rich, and very delicious!
Seafood and Cheese Dip from Will Cook for Smiles
4 oz mascarpone cheese
1 ½ cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 TBS heavy cream
1 TBS minced garlic
4 oz crab meat
1/4 tsp salt
4-oz package salad shrimp
½ cup minced onion
1 TBS butter
3 TBS white wine
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste (about 1/8 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 375 and lightly grease a 1-qt baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, shredded cheeses, heavy cream, minced garlic, crab meat, and salt. Combine thoroughly and set aside.
- Preheat a cooking pan over medium heat. Add butter and let it melt. Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add shrimp and cook for about a minute. Add wine, lemon juice and salt. Cook until shrimp are heated through.
- Drain shrimp / onion mixture of all the juice and add it to the mixing bowl with cheese. Use a spoon to blend it in as much as you can.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake it for 15-17 minutes.
- Serve hot.