#BundtBakers ~ Chocolate Glazed Thin Mint Bundt Cake


#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme.  Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com.

BundtBakers

This month we were given the assignment of making a Girl Scout cookie inspired bundt cake - and since I just recently made a mini Samoa bundt cake recipe, I automatically went to my next favorite flavor: Thin Mints! They are a classic, and I love anything with chocolate and mint together.


I finally had the chance to try out my new Stained Glass Bundt Cake pan and love it! I think the cake turned out so very pretty.


This cake is perfect - make sure you heavily grease your bundt pan before filling - I didn't have any issues with my larger bundt cake sticking because I triple sprayed the pan, but I did have issues with three out of four of my mini-bundt pans sticking when it was time to remove them from the pan because I didn't spray them as heavily (I'm guessing that's why they stuck, at least)!


This is a tender, light, and moist chocolate cake and the thin mints add both a lovely touch of mint flavor to the cake, and a nice crunchy crust along the bottom. It is a delicious combination!


The fudgy chocolate glaze and dusting of thin mint cookies on top just sends this one over the top. It is delicious. Perfect to eat just as it is, or with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream. This would be a wonderful treat to pack to take with you for lunch at work, send with your hungry teenager in his school lunch, serve to your coworkers, or of course your family for dessert! Lots of great options for this delicious and versatile bundt cake.


Enjoy all of these amazing Girl Cookie inspired cakes!

Chocolate Glazed Thin Mint Bundt Cake adapted from All You Need Is Love

Ingredients

Cake
1 cup of water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
5 TBS unsweetened cocoa
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup brewed coffee, room temp or cold
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 sleeve of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies, roughly chopped

Topping
Chocolate Fudge Glaze (recipe below)
4 Thin Mint cookies, crushed

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a flour a 12 cup bundt pan (I generously spray mine with Baker's Joy - I used a 9 cup bundt pan and filled 4 1-cup bundt compartments as well).
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt.
  3. In a saucepan combine the water, oil and butter. Once butter is melted, stir in the cocoa powder until dissolved. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute and then remove from heat and stir into the flour mixture.
  4. Add the milk, coffee, and baking soda. Whisk until incorporated. Add the eggs and continue mixing until incorporated. Gently fold in the cookies and then pour into your prepared bundt pan. 
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until toothpicks inserted comes out clean (if you use mini bundts, they will need about 20 - 25 minutes). 
  6. Cool in pan for at least an hour before inverting carefully onto a serving plate. 
  7. After cake is cool and you have removed it from the pan, prepare the glaze below and drizzle over the top and sides of the cake and then sprinkle 4 thin mints, crushed, over the top.

Chocolate Fudge Glaze adapted from Be Confectionate

Ingredients
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 TBS butter
1 TBS cocoa
3 TBS milk
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Directions
  1. Add the chocolate chips, butter, cocoa and milk to a small nonstick pan and heat over medium-low heat stirring constantly until ingredients have melted and combined into a smooth chocolate sauce. Remove from heat.  
  2. Sift the powder sugar into the chocolate mixture and stir to combine until mixture is smooth and slightly thickened.  Let this sit on the counter for 15 minutes, and then stir in the vanilla.  
  3. Proceed with instructions for topping the cake above.


Comments

  1. Wow! That cake looks heavenly! Those cookie crumbs just take it to the next level!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The cookie crumbs really were the perfect "finishing touch" for this one - and I love it even more the next day because they've sort of melted into the chocolate glaze and infused the whole cake with a very subtle mint flavor. Delicious!

      Delete
  2. That pan is gorgeous! All about those cookie crumbles IN the batter and on top. I can only imagine that it's just the best with ice cream... maybe even with mint chocolate chip? Oooh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my mint chocolate chip would be perfection!

      Delete
  3. Rebekah....that cake is beautiful! I've never seen that pan before but what a lovely pattern it produces. And your cake looks so rich and lush. A perfect version of the thin mints! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! We really enjoyed this one; and I am totally in love with the stained glass pan!

      Delete
  4. I´m in love with that pan!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! It's almost too pretty to cut. :)

      Delete
  5. It looks beautiful,moist and light, just the way you described it:) And that pan is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not too keen on chocolate and mint together but after your Bundt I might change my mind! Beautiful and very appealing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the close up shots. This bundt is gorgeous! Save a slice for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebeka your bundt are lovely and so juicy . I love this pan .
    Delicious

    ReplyDelete
  9. That such a really pretty Bundt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowww!! I love that bundt pan!!! It is wonderful!! Your cake is great!!! Mint and chocolate are a great combination!!! Great job!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty bundt tin! This cake looks fantastic, I just love chocolate and mint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I loved the way this one looked and tasted! :)

      Delete
  12. How beautiful is this! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts