#BundtBakers ~ Sprinkled Jelly Donut Bundt Cake

 
This month the #BundtBakers are celebrating all things sprinkled, inside and out! Our wonderful host is Terri from: http://www.loveandconfections.com/.
 
BundtBakers

#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.

Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.
 
 
When I saw this adorable "Sprinkled Jelly Donut Bundt Cake" I couldn't resist; I knew my kiddos would thoroughly approve and I thought it was a fun recipe. It's super simple and very moist and tender with the addition of the pudding mix and the yogurt. My 16-year old son had lots of fun "helping" to eat the cake pieces I carefully cut out for the jelly filling well.


My sweet girl will turn TWO years old on the 17th of next month... I cannot wrap my head around how fast the time has flown since she made her appearance into my life. I am exhausted pretty much all the time, completely in love, and as grateful as I can be. I also cannot believe I have an almost 2 year old and an almost 17 year old... the gap between them still blows my mind sometimes, but it's pretty special too watching them be siblings and enjoy and annoy each other. Lindsey loves to yell "KENT" as loud as she can when she's looking for him or right after I holler for him down the steps, and they pick on each other, and snuggle and play together too.


I actually ended up using some leftover raspberry sauce I'd made awhile back for some parfaits; I simmered the sauce down to thicken it up and it worked REALLY well as a "jelly filling" in this recipe. You can use pretty much any sort of jam / jelly filling that you like. Lindsey liked the filling a lot. It was still warm when I spread it into the cake middle, and she would put her finger in, taste test then tell me "good! hot!" and then do it again. :)


The warm glaze soaks into the cake adding to the sweetness and the moisture as well. It also makes a good surface to apply a liberal shaking of sprinkles to! Whatever glaze pools in the middle of the cake can be gently spooned back out and over the top again.

Here are this month's "Sprinkles" Bundts:

Sprinkled Jelly Donut Bundt Cake from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen

Ingredients
Cake:
1 box yellow cake mix
Small box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup plain yogurt (or sour cream)
4 large eggs

Filling:
1 cup seedless raspberry jelly (use your favorite, any flavor will work)

Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
6 Tablespoons warm water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sprinkles

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray bundt pan generously with vegetable oil spray, then lightly coat with flour. Set aside.
  2. In the bowl of your mixer, combine cake ingredients. Beat on low speed until just combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, then beat for 1 - 3 minutes, until thick and smooth. Pour batter in to bundt pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, until cake is set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
  3. Let cake cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then carefully turn onto a wire rack to continue cooling.
  4. Once cake is completely cool, carefully split in half horizontally with a serrated knife. Use a spoon to make a well in the center of the bottom half of the cake, about an inch wide and half an inch deep. The well should go in a circle in the middle of bottom half (this is to hold the jelly).
  5. Fill the well with jelly so that it is level with the cake. Replace the top half of cake.
  6. Mix glaze ingredients with a wire whisk until smooth. Pour over cake, spreading to cover. Top with sprinkles.


Comments

  1. What a cute helper you had to take care of the cake you cut out for the jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool idea to add a perfect jam filling, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever and I love the idea of jelly in the cake. I also learnt something new in that I didn't know that you could slice a bundt cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never considered the idea before - and as you can see it doesn't hold its shape all that perfectly once sliced, but it worked well to be able to add the filling where I wanted it. :)

      Delete
  4. Love how you have a perfect center of jam. It looks like a fabulous cake!

    Even more perfect than the filling is the almost-2-year-old lovey! You are fortunate to have that one living in the same house as you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be like Lindsey. Dipping my fingers in very often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea for the sprinkle theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren - I loved the idea of a "donut cake" with sprinkles. :)

      Delete
  7. You sure are one smart "bundt cake baker"! I adore this cake!!! ALL. of. it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, of using Jelly... Cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rebekah, I love your donut inspired cake. This sounds like pure heaven. That jelly center is calling to me...I would not just myself around this cake...it would not last long!

    Toodles~

    ReplyDelete
  10. The jelly donut is such a fun idea! This cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever, fun idea! I bet your baby loved this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts