#BloggerCLUE ~ Honey Balsamic Glazed Carrots



This is my first month joining the C.L.U.E. Bloggers (CLUE = Cook, Learn, Undertake, Eat).  Blogger C.L.U.E. is a group of like minded food bloggers who get an assignment each month of another member's blog; our mission (should we choose to accept it) is to take the theme for the month and find any recipe on our assigned blog that fits. Make the recipe, photograph the recipe, and share it with you on reveal day! For the month of April I had the fun task of finding a "Spring Vegetable" recipe from Lauren's blog "Sew You Think You Can Cook". I apparently needed a lesson on what spring vegetables included. I had a recipe chosen, then had a niggling thought that maybe it didn't qualify. I was right. Brussel sprouts are not spring vegetables. However they are delicious and I made that recipe anyway! Lauren had a bunch of delicious sounding vegetable recipes that I really want to make very soon including her Perfect Corn on the Cob, Creamed Spinach, Easy Asparagus, and Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole!


So, here is a brief vegetable lesson - these are the highlights of the vegetables that ARE considered spring vegetables according to Fruits & Veggies More Matters and About Food (I should note that the two lists actually did not necessarily agree, so maybe there is some leeway there?!!):
  • Artichokes
  • Asparagus (including white and purple varieties)
  • Beets
  • Broccoli
  • Butter Lettuce
  • Baby Carrots
  • Collard Greens
  • Corn
  • Fava Beans
  • Green Beans
  • Morel Mushrooms
  • Mustard Greens
  • Pea Pods / Peas / Snow Peas
  • Red Leaf Lettuce
  • Spinach
  • Spring Baby Lettuce
  • Swiss Chard
  • Vidalia Onions
That is a pretty fantastic list to work with! I took some liberties with the "baby carrots" and made this with the ones I already have. I'm sorry, but I couldn't pass this one up, and you won't want to either! This recipe is amazing.


These are rich from the butter, sweet and tender from roasting, perfectly seasoned from the salt and pepper and then you add the sweet and tangy from the honey and balsamic vinegar??! OVER THE TOP. I swear I ate almost half of these before it was even time for dinner. I couldn't stop popping these in my mouth. They were absolutely delicious. You can bet I will be making these again, very, very soon.





Find the other Blogger C.L.U.E. members posts for today at their websites:


Honey Balsamic Glazed Carrots from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook

Ingredients
6 - 8 medium carrots, peeled and cut into about 3 sections, with the larger sections halved or quartered to make fairly evenly sized pieces
1 - 2 TBS olive oil
2 TBS honey
2 TBS balsamic vinegar
1 TBS butter

Directions
  1. Place carrots on a rimmed baking sheet and toss in olive oil (enough to coat), salt, and pepper. Roast carrots in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes; stir / flip the carrots and return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes (or until starting to brown, and tender).
  2. When there are ten minutes left on the timer, combine the honey and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a low simmer and allow the mixture to thicken (do not allow to boil). Remove sauce from heat and stir in the butter until melted.
  3. Move carrots to a serving platter or bowl and drizzle with desired amount of sauce (I didn't use quite all of it). Toss gently. Make sure to toss again just before serving so you have a good coating of glaze on all of the carrots.


Comments

  1. I'm always looking for new ways to jazz up carrots and these look awesome! The flavors sound fantastic. will definitely be trying these out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious way to jazz up carrots! A must make recipe! So glad you've joined us Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love honey on carrots but I never had it with balsamic vinegar too - I bet that gave it a ZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did! It was such a great combination!

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the club Rebekah, happy you have joined us. I think it is delightful that carrots were chosen to be made from your blog and you chose to make carrots from the blog you were assigned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome! :) Thanks for helping me find this great group Wendy!

      Delete
  5. I make something similar, but never thought to add balsamic. Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also do a similar version, but minus the balsamic, when I saw the recipe with that as an added ingredient I knew I had to try it, it adds a great depth and contrast to the butter and honey!

      Delete
  6. We both were inspired by carrots with this month's theme...yours look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lora - the recipe you chose looked so good, that is definitely going on my to-make soon list!

      Delete
  7. Love this dish. I don't think I cook enough carrots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think that when I do actually cook them as a side - my hubby and I love them but I really don't cook them all that often. We eat them raw in salads and as a snack, but I rarely actually fix them. I need to make them more often, we've already made this recipe twice. :)

      Delete
  8. Welcome to the group, Rebekah. You've chosen a great recipe for this month's them. I've been on a carrot kick lately so this is definitely going to be added to my menu this spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the welcome! I'm so glad to "be" here. :)

      Delete
  9. Oh how I love it when those spring veggies hit the farmer's markets!! Living in San Diego, many of those are winter veggies for us too. But balsamic and carrots... oh yes. Simply a wonderful choice for this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can only imagine how fabulous your house smelled when they little gems were roasting. Great selection for this month's theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right - roasting veggies does smell fantastic!!

      Delete
  11. You can never go wrong with carrots! I love them...and even though my uncle promised that my eyes would turn blue if I ate them and it never happened....I don't hold it against the carrots. I keep eating this wonderful vegetable and....waiting.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Kate! So glad your Uncle was wrong. :)

      Delete
  12. Carrots are one of the only veggies my babies will eat (sorta) willingly so you can bet I've bookmarked this recipe! Welcome to Blogger CLUE, I'm looking forward to getting to know you and your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My baby (18-month old) is also in the "maybe" category about cooked carrots. Sometimes she will sometimes she won't. Hubby loves them, my 16 year old likes raw but not cooked carrots. Sigh. Can't win 'em all I suppose!

      Delete
  13. Welcome aboard, Rebekah! I can't wait until I have your blog one of these days! I love the idea of using balsamic vinegar along with the honey...the bite from the vinegar would balance the sweet perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the welcome, and the sweet and tang went together beautifully!!

      Delete
  14. Roasting brings out the sweetness in most vegetables but especially in carrots. Love the addition of the honey and balsamic! I am going to make these and, thanks to your warning, I think I'll double it so there's some left for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could seriously eat that whole bowl of carrots!! What a treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the list of spring veggies! I will have to try this, it sounds scrumptious! Lovely choice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list of spring veggies. I live in the Palm Springs area so it seems to be Spring or Summer here all year. I also had a debate over what qualified for spring. The Carrots look great, I'm remembering this the next time I make carrots. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you had my blog this month! (And so sorry it's taken me so long to stop by.) I didn't realize carrots were spring veggies! Glad you enjoyed them. And the brussels sprouts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts